Ministries >> S.A.L.T.
S.A.L.T. is an acronym, which stands for Serving And Learning Together. This Wednesday evening ministry takes place in the Spring and Fall. It includes time for fellowship over a shared meal, followed by educational offerings and activities for participants of all ages.
The 2018 Fall S.A.L.T. program will begin on Wednesday, September 12 and will wrap up on Wednesday, October 17.
Schedule of Activities
- 5:00 - 5:30 p.m. Choristers Choir, children 4 years through 5th grade (Ed Bldg, Maxwell Room)
- 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Dinner is served (Shuler Hall)
- 6:00 p.m. Adults dismissed to classes:
- Mission of the Church with Rev. Steve Fortenberry (Main Bldg, Session Room)
- Study of I Peter with Allyn Camp and Lizze Powers (Ed Bldg, Maxwell Room)
- Novice Bible Study with Todd Fincher and Clint Guenther (Main Bldg, Church Parlor)
- Chancel Choir (Main Bldg, Choir Room)
- 6:15 p.m. Youth and children dismissed to recreation
- Children 4K-5th grade will meet upstairs in the Van Arnold Education Building for "Weird Animals - Where Jesus' Love is One-of-a-Kind!" God filled the world with a lot of crazy creatures... including you! When kids feel weird, different, or even lost in a crowd--nothing compares to the extraordinary love of Jesus. The children will sing songs, make crafts and hear a Bible story each night. Bible lessons will be taught by Gina Hutson with Shawn Hodges leading Arts and Crafts time. Ashley Scott and Kelli Stainback will be leading the song-time.
- Junior Highs and Seniors Highs will be meeting in the Shed, with guest speakers sharing how their faith informs their everyday work.
How to R.S.V.P.
Participants are asked to R.S.V.P. so that enough food can be prepared each week. Please fill out the registration form for each member of your family who will be participating in the S.A.L.T. program.
You may contact Buffee Jarman at (662) 299-4672, or via email at jarmang[at]suddenlink.net, if someone in your family with a standing meal reservation will not be present, or if you are bringing a guest. Please notify Buffee by Monday of the week you will have a change.